I’m not feeling totally amazing today.. Aunt Flo (sorry TMI) has come to visit so I’m dealing with all that related stuff on top of feeling a little sicky and have got a headache. If I didn’t have a quiz in my night class I’d be going home early and feeling sorry for myself. Instead I’m studying and finding triathlons. And writing my confessions…
- I know it doesn’t seem like much, but I drank a whole bottle of wine myself this weekend. I’m not much of a drinker so this is surprising, but we were in wine country and tasting, and… it’s just what happened. I don’t feel any guilt over it, as I thoroughly enjoyed myself in the process.
- Today is the first day I’m tracking my eating, something I’m committing to for the next 4 weeks minimum. I also have added a protein smoothie as my breakfasts since I’m fairly certain I’m not getting enough protein for the amount of activity I’m doing. I had forgotten how delicious they are.
- Counting this upcoming weekend, I have gone out of town for 6 weekends straight. While my living situation isn’t what I wish it were, I am really looking forward to next weekend being spent at home. And maybe some personal time… a majority of my alone time in the past 6 weeks has been my driving time. It wears on me. On a very positive note, while going out of town every weekend I have managed to make every planned weekend workout with the exception of only one. I do believe I’m dedicated.
- My brick this past weekend freaked me out and motivated me at the same time. It was SO FREAKING HARD to find a running rhythm coming off the bike, that I seriously couldn’t imagine running a half-marathon after riding 56 miles on the bike when I finished my short 2 mile brick run. After showering and eating I was able to remind myself that I have 5 months to fully prepare for this race, and I can gain a lot in terms of fitness, but also experience, in those 5 months if I use them wisely. My brick also reminded me of the importance of proper hydration and fueling before and during my workouts. Having only a banana before riding for 1:20 and then running another 20min was simply a bad idea. I’ve always been bad at keeping up with my hydration and eating, so it’s something I need to start working on ASAP.
- I have chosen 2 sprint tri’s (one in both April and May) and an Olympic in June to help me prepare for my half. I’m excited about these races, as I think they will do more for building my confidence than anything else. These will be great experience builders.
Hope everyone has a great week.:)