Last weeks goals:
- Continue keeping up with my planned workouts.
- Wed: AM Swim/PM Trainer Ride Check! Check!
- Thurs: AM Interval Run 4-5 miles 5 min work/2 min recovery Check!
- Fri: AM Swim/PM Bike Ride, if the weather cooperates this will be outside and glorious. :) Check and Check!!! And it was GLORIOUS! ;)
- Sat: AM Run Probably 6-7 miles 6 Miles, Check
- Sun: Off Check! ;)
- Monday: AM Swim/ PM Trainer or Outside bike ride (weather dependent) No swim, but rode the trainer. :)
- Tues: AM Interval Run, repeat of Thursday's workout. Check
- This actually give means I had about a 89% completion rate on my workouts for the week, which I'm considering pretty darn good!
- Fruit/Veggie goal of 4-6. My biggest thing is getting in a couple servings of veggies at dinner, I usually am pretty good on the fruit I know I didn't get these in over the weekend, or Monday and Tuesday. Things have been crazy and I've been eating dinner "on the run" which means usually granola w/milk for dinner because its quick and easy (and delicious).
- 100 push-up challenge on Mon/Wed/Fri with ab workout included. I got in all my push-ups, but only 1 ab workout. I need to commit to doing something different about this. I'm thinking the ab workout from my NTC app which leaves it as a no-brainer.
This next week poses all kinds of interesting possibilities... because I'm on SPRING BREAK as of tomorrow (Thursday) evening! T and I are going to Pismo Beach with the trailer which I'm excited about, but here the possibilities... 1. I will have lots of time to get workouts in, as many as I want in fact. 2. I won't want to feel like I'm spending all my time on workouts because I will want to spend a lot of time with T (what can I say, I somehow like the guy ;)) and 3. There will be copious amounts of all the yummy but not totally healthy foods available 24/7 for 10 days. So whats my plan of attack?
Workout Schedule (already written in my calender)
- Wed (today): AM Swim
20001800yds (Was.Not.Feeling.It.)/PM Bike ride 1 hr
- Thurs: AM Swim 2700yds/AM Run 3mi recovery
- Fri: AM Run 4+ mi at 8:50 pace; P/U W3D1 & NTC ab workout
- Sat: AM Swim 11x200 on 4:20; Bike 1 hr optional (depends on how I'm feeling)
- Sun: AM Run 10mi; P/U W3D2 & NTC ab workout
- Mon: AM Swim 2000yds Run 3mi (optional)
- Tues: Bike 1:15+; P/U W3D3 & NTC ab workout
As for handling all the food available, I'm thinking of keeping a food log that doesn't include calorie counting, just to keep track of the snacking, which I tend to mindlessly do. I'm also bringing with me my protein powder so I can continue to do smoothies in the morning, and granola for another alternative for snacks. Otherwise I've got a pretty packed workout schedule which I'm hoping will balance things out. I also need to focus on my water intake as I enjoy the salty foods without the bloat. ;)
Oh... AND I just registered for a 1/2 marathon on May 1st with Kirsten and Beki! I'm excited to meet these girls and the Reno Rock-n-River 1/2! This is shaping up to be a really full racing season for me! :)
So what's everyone's plan for the week?