Monday, March 7, 2011

Mantra Monday


I'm getting this idea from Christie O. because I'm feeling this week like I'm in need of an extra push.  This morning I have ZERO motivation to get anything done.  I don't want to get my workout in, I have 2 exams to study for, and simply like a 4 year old, I DON'T WANT TO! I want to crawl back into bed, put on a sappy, feel-good movie and veg all day.  I just don't have time for that.  So I'm going to take it step by step.

One step at a time.
One foot in front of other.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. - Lao Tzu

I know a big part of why I want to crawl back into bed is that I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed by what I need to accomplish in the coming days (weeks, months, you can pick a time frame and I'm feeling overwhelmed by it).  So I need to break it down into its parts. Luckily I love lists.  I love marking things off lists.  

Step by step.

Because sometimes I forget its quite impossible to do everything at once.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

one of the biggest symptoms of perfectionism? procrastination. but lists are a girls best friend! :)

Ashley said...

What's funny is that I don't normally think of myself as a perfectionist, but the past few days have got me thinking that I may secretly, covertly in fact be a perfectionist. Hmmmmmm......