Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring into Action - Week 5 Check-in

So a girl is standing over the kitchen sink.  One hand holds a ziplcock bag full of grated colby jack cheese, the other is simply filling her mouth, of said colby jack cheese, between sentences talking to her uncle about his work contract getting bought out by another company... blah, blah, blah.  Uncle stops mid-sentence and says... "You know it would probably be easier if you just put it right there" and pokes her in the butt.

Girl's response "But that wouldn't taste SOOOO good." :)

That was my evening last night, and it makes me chuckle.  He meant it with no malice, which is why he gets away with it, and I was so busy enjoying eating cheese straight out of the bag that it hardly mattered.  You could say that I'm getting whatever joy and pleasure out of life I can find right now, because I'm otherwise a little stressed out.  Good news is there is an end in sight.  I'm getting things done, deadlines might be here, coming up, or looming, but I am doing what I have to do to be ready.

And on May 17th I'll take the last final of my semester and will probably dance my way to my car, all the way home, and doing something fun without the guilt of knowing there is something else I "should" be doing.  Do you KNOW how close May 17th is?  That light at the end of the tunnel, its beginning to get bigger and brighter, and I can hardly wait!

Speaking of 17th, its kind of an important number for me this  year (apparently)...
My half-Ironman is on July 17th.
My last final of the semester is on May 17th.
And my first triathlon (sprint distance) is on April 17th.  Wait a minute.... that's in 11 DAYS. Deep Breaths.  So yeah, I'm officially entering the world of triathletes in 11 days and I've swam once in the past 2 weeks.
Do as I say and not as I do
Because that is just plain stupid.  I have no doubt that I will be able to finish the tri, but I've set myself up for it not necessarily being the motivating, morale boosting event it should be, and instead it being.... tough.  I'll survive, but it might not be overly pretty.  In less than two weeks, we shall see. :)

And for check-in for our challenge, I'm down in my weight (not much, read above if this is surprising), and did 74 push-ups this morning.  I'm behind on the 100 push-up challenge, so after our SJ challenge is over I'll continue with the 6-week program until completion.  :)  The biggest and best part of this challenge for me has been getting to know my teammate Brooke which has been lots and lots of fun.  :) On to week 6!

4 comments:

Bari said...

Numbers are crazy. The number 8 is big for me - no clue why.
I have no doubt you will do great on your tri & I can't wait to read the race report!

Kirsten said...

Keep on keeping on, girl! You'll make it through your tri and your semester (with a pit stop between the two here!)

Ashley said...

Thanks ladies, I'm excited and nervous at the same time!

K - 3.5 weeks!

Brooke said...

i'll be cheering you on from the couch on the 17th - the march is the 16th for me. :)

i've very much enjoyed this challenge too, and certainly not for my weight loss :P you're not getting rid of me just cause the challenge is over!