Sunday, June 12, 2011

Training Update - Countdown Continues

Well, the first of these last 4 build weeks is down, and I am... lots of things.  My body is tired, but my mind is restless.  I keep getting preoccupied with what I'm going to do AFTER Vineman, which hardly seems important right now.  But I keep thinking about it.  I seem to already know I will want to do another half-iron distance race.  Most likely Vineman, the location is awesome, and local which is a plus.  But anyways, there are other things I should be thinking about right now... LIKE MY UPCOMING RACE IN 5 WEEKS! Sheesh.

Anyways, to give you a recap of last weeks training... honestly I'm feeling like I rocked it. :D  I got in all my workouts, yes a couple of them were shorter than I had originally planned, but 9 workouts in 6 days and moving my body 97 miles in those 9 workouts is awesome no matter what.  I'm thankful for my rest day today, my body is feeling the wear and tear of those miles, but I'm also looking forward to getting back to it tomorrow.  And my take aways from those 97 miles...?  I must learn to drink on the bike.  Must.  In 46 miles I drank a 1/2 bottle of cytomax and 1/2 a bottle of water, which is simply not enough.  When I got back to my car I proceeded to down nearly 2 more bottles of fluids... thirsty much?  So this upcoming week I'm going to work on my on-bike hydration plan.  Maybe set my watch to beep every 15 minutes to remind me to drink will have to be the way I go.  Just a little something to remind me to drink.  I'll get it figured out...

And now for this week's plan of action...
Monday: Cycle Descending Intervals/Swim Muscular Endurance 3
Tuesday: Run 5 mi
Wednesday: Brick: Cycle 20-25 mi/Run 3-5/Swim Endurance 6
Thursday: Yoga/Off/Short run.. we'll see
Friday: Run ~9 mi
Saturday: Swim Endurance (Form) 3/Cycle ~ 50-55
Sunday: OFF!

Well, off for another week! Who's got something fun and exciting planned??

Ps. 5 weeks from today I will be toeing the starting line and crossing the finish line.  Its go time!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

maybe you need to borrow christie o's giant straw?? :P

i enjoy having Sunday as a rest day, even if i haven't got 100 miles in a week. ;)