Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Choices

Life has been a bit tough recently. The whos, whats, whys, and hows are somewhat unimportant, and many unanswerable, but the aftermath has left my heart heavy and life feeling a bit burdensome. 

I have been in survival mode.

This includes not working out because I want need the extra hour of sleep, and my diet has take a hit from all the running here and there, and eating out I've been doing because I haven't made it to the grocery store like I wish I could have.

But I believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  And it is getting brighter.

Next Tuesday is the last step that needs to be taken before life can even begin to take a "normal" shape.  It will be a sad day, but a peaceful one as well, my family has been preparing the best we can for this day for several years, and I think while we are all sad to say goodbye, we are relieved that she (my grandmother) is finally at peace.

Because I am beginning to see the possibility of normalcy return to my routine, I am trying to make small steps to take better care of myself between now and then.  Right now I am eating an apple (which is delicious, btw) instead of tracking down the delicious carrot cake muffins that the coffee shops here on campus carry.  Its a small step but at least in the right direction.  A yoga studio close to me offers 10 days for $10, so tomorrow I am going to my first yoga class.  I am excited.  I need to find some center, and some balance, and I am hoping yoga will set me in the right direction.  The best and biggest step is opting to stay home this weekend.  It will be the first weekend since August  that I will be home with no plans.  Seriously.

And Friday I will run.

Just writing that makes me smile.  I miss running.

Beyond this weekend I've already started up an excel sheet planning out workouts and plugging it all in, along with where I will be and when.  I know there is a saying... "Even the best laid plans...."

But plans that go awry are better than never having a plan at all.

I will leave you with what will be my 2012 motto (really my motto for the rest of my life)


2012 I'm coming for ya with BIG plans!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

love it! that epic shit won't know what hit it!!!

quicklikeabunny said...

Wishing you the best run ever on Friday with no worries about pace or distance - just moving.

Bari said...

That is a GREAT motto! ((hugs)) to you & your family sweetie.