Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tales from Training: Recovery

I'm a week beyond Vineman 70.3 and enjoying the important, but often overlooked, aspect of training... RECOVERY. 

Recovery isn't just about letting the body recovery, but also giving the brain a break from the relentless schedule of training.  I had been consistently training for Vineman 70.3 since January and the break has been really nice. 

Sleep in on a Saturday morning, go for a short run, and then enjoy breakfast with friends? 

Yes please! 

In all honesty I'm looking forward to going back to training and the schedule, but in the meantime I've been enjoying vacation and trying hard to keep moving without worrying about how many minutes, miles, heart rate, or anything other than just enjoying myself and getting the blood moving.

And I might be splurging along the way... a tiny bit. ;)



But mostly I'm enjoying taking walks and stopping to let the dog swim and chase a stick...


Or enjoy a beach view like this....

Couldn't ask for better weather on the Central California Coast
And maybe indulged a little bit more... ;)


Tomorrow is back to reality and home, work on Monday with a light training loaded into Training Peaks.  I'm looking forward to the structure again, but for the next 24 hours, I'm going to continue to enjoy vacation...

Aaaaahhhhhhhh.  ;)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

hopefully vacation warded off any post-race blues you might have had