Monday, December 31, 2012

A Year in Pictures -- 2012


These year-in-review picture posts I'm seeing everywhere are pretty fun, and I'm not one to be left out!  :)

January

I moved from Sacramento to a small town outside Bakersfield at the very end of 2011, January was all about settling into my new surroundings...
Running trails to explore...

With unpacking I learned that I have a problem with buying ALL THE HYDRATION SYSTEMS... and I don't like use any of them.



February

By time February had rolled around I had found a job and was feeling more at home than I had in MONTHS.  For Valentine's Day I was surprised with home cooked lobster tail and flowers. :)



 March

March flew by without much thought... although I did win a local 10K trail race... ;)



April

Santa came in April, as well as warm temps for Easter and a beautiful day in San Francisco...
Totally worth the wait.... She's so pretty!
Sequins AND pastel for Easter...
You couldn't ask for a more perfect spring day in San Fan... From my favorite little park in The City.

 May

For my birthday I got myself a fun new toy to go with the bike Santa brought me the month before.... ;)



June

Since Vineman 70.3 was really right around the corner I did a lot of training in June... with tan lines to show for it.. ;)

July

You may or may not know I ROCKED Vineman 70.3 for the second year in a row and seriously enjoyed myself along the way... and the recovery that followed.  ;)

Athlete wrist band.
Finish-line.  Still standing...
I  may or may not have indulged post-race...
And there was certainly some kicking back being done. :)

August

I did some post-race/vacation detox in August... Also went and had a heart to heart with my grandmother about things that were beginning to worry me...


I love my juicer...
Its weird to me that I would have never talked to her in life about these things, but now I find comfort in talking things out at her graveside...

September

I decided to take a leap of faith and register for this little thing called an Ironman...


October

I moved to the Silicon Valley while watching my SF Giants take it all the way to the World Series (and win it in STYLE) and then I went on a little drive... to Arkansas. 

Hold on to that feelin.....
Repping my Boys in Orange in LA Dodger country. ;)
Miracles happen...
My stowaways for the trip to Arkansas... Not great co-pilots when one is deaf, another is blind, and the third is deaf and blind... :)

November

When I got back from Arkansas I hadn't had enough time in the car, so I drove to Oregon... and then came back to the Bay Area, sat on the beach, and thought....

No better place to contemplate life...
December

I loved Oregon so much my first trip up I went up again to see if it was just a fluke.  Did more trail running and went up to the snow and tried to get a peak at Mt. Hood... Then Christmas...

I really love running in Portland.. Hope more of it is in my future...
Mt. Hood is supposed to be somewhere "out there."  It was a beautiful day regardless...
More trail running (I am beginning to notice a pattern) and then Christmas mimosas...

2012 hasn't been without its challenges and ups and downs, but overall I am thankful for the past year and all the growing I have done.

May you all have wonderful New Years celebrations (stay safe!!) and wishing everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.  Cheers to 2013, may it be everyone's best year yet.

Sweat.  Smile.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

Bari said...

Beautiful pictures, Ashley! Happy Happy New Year!!